Sunday 10 November 2013

Quote of the Day:


Nature to be commanded must be obeyed

by

  Sir Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St. Alban



File:Francis Bacon, Viscount St Alban from NPG (2).jpg

22 January 1561 – 9 April 1626) 
 English philosopher, statesman, 
scientist, jurist, orator and author.

*
***
*

Any move to improve your life, or anything else, 
must begin with a good understanding of what is true right now. 
Not how you would like it to be, 
but how it actually is.
by Joel Wade

*
***

 

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html#zmWcTihzshUFb7G8.99

3 comments:

  1. Hello Karin

    I am pondering Noel Wade's philosophy as I simultaneously watch a documentary on Detroit and the demise of this great city.(CNN)
    To a brighter tomorrow
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Karin, Love your new Header, nature so elegant, it arranges itself into perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words from Joel Wade .... we should all be honest with ourselves.
    .... and thanks for your lovely comment today and never worry if you don't ..... we all have our real lives to lead and we all have computer problems !! I haven't changed anything with my settings so I don't know why I've disappeared from your reading list..... hopefully you'll put me back on it !!!! haha. Much love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete